Rural Jump Start Program
Montrose County received the Rural Jump-Start Zone designation in May 2016. Under the Rural Jump-Start program, specific tax relief can be granted to qualifying new businesses and new hires of these businesses that are located in a Jump-Start designated Zone, such as Montrose County, and align with local or regional state higher education institutions.
The Rural Jump-Start Program offers to Eligible Businesses 8 years of:
- "0" state income taxes.
- "0" state sales and local sales & use tax.
- "0" county and municipal personal property taxes.
- "0" state income taxes for your employees. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
How Do You Apply?
Sandy Head, Executive Director of MEDC, would be happy to discuss this program further to help evaluate if your business qualifies, to apply, and help you through the application process. (970) 249-9438 or sandyh@MontroseEDC.org
A start-up company new to the State of Colorado or a Colorado based business ready to expand may qualify for Jump-Start Montrose County if it:
- Generates new business in the State of Colorado. Your product, service or technology has to be new to Colorado, even if your company is not.
- Is located in Montrose County.
- Is not substantially similar in operation to, or directly competes with the core function of another business currently operating in Colorado.
- Creates a minimum of 5 net new jobs in Montrose County.
- Adds to the economic base in Montrose County, while exporting goods and services out of the area. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>